Matt Dugan September 1, 2015 •
Other / Service Advisory
We are excited to announce that the Anchor Knowledge Base will soon merge with the Folder’s Knowledge Base community. Anchor has been a part of the eFolder family of products since September of 2013, so we are looking forward to this move to best serve our partners.
Please note that the Anchor Community, including our Feature Request service, will remain open and active until further notice.
What does this mean for me?
- For the time being, you can find Anchor Knowledge Base articles in the Anchor Community and theeFolder Knowledge Base.
- Soon, the Anchor Knowledge Base will be officially decommissioned; however, you will still have the ability to view redirect links.
- The Anchor Community, including our Feature Request service, will remain open and active until further notice.
Where can I find Anchor-related information in eFolder's Knowledge Base community?
Redirect links have been added within each existing Anchor Knowledge Base article, linking you to the appropriate article in the eFolder Knowledge Base.
Chris Sferlazza April 17, 2013 •
Other / Community Help
eFolder is pleased to announce Anchor v2.5.0, our latest release of Anchor, which includes new features, improvements, and important fixes.
MAJOR NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Selective Sync options are now configurable via the Desktop Client.
- System email templates can now be customized using HTML and previewed instantly.
- New hydration method enables multiple sync queues with automatic prioritization and simultaneous transfers.
- Additional Event IDs pushed to Windows Event Viewer and OS X Console:
- Service start: 0x200 (512)
- Collision created: 0x300 (768)
- Collision resolved: 0x301 (769)
- Collision failed: 0x302 (770)
- Collision message: 0x303 (771)
- Numerous improvements to APIv2:
- Root creation and management
- Root subscription creation and management
- FSE management
- Guest account information retrieval
MINOR NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- New Org Setting to customize reply-to email address for system-initiated emails.
- Sync process will now transfer the full file if the total size of the deltas in queue exceeds half the size of the full file.
- Desktop Client UI now displays permission errors for mapped folders.
- When receiving data from peers via LAN Sync, end users will now experience faster data transfers.
- OS X clients now preserve config.ini customizations through new release updates.
- Rollback dialog now features a tooltip to educate users on how different time zones can affect the Rollback feature.
- Users will now be alerted of sync conflicts through a system tray icon overlay.
- Windows Desktop Client taskbar application icon for Properties is now properly branded.
- Web Activity Log now properly displays the username of an administrator who deletes content from a Team Share that he or she is not subscribed to.
- Modifying excluded file extensions no longer enables Secure Share policy organization-wide.
- Selecting multiple files and clicking the “Download Zip” button no longer results in a 500 error.
- Two-step organizational policy now properly redirects to web when configuration is required.
- Web cache controls are now active in Edge and Firefox to further protect against expired web sessions.
- Custom branding now properly displays for desktop notifications on OS X.
- Machines Tab now properly consolidates multiple user profiles on OS X El Capitan.
- ConnectWise billing settings are now properly saved after administrator unchecks the “Billing Options” checkbox.
- Anchor branding no longer shows when using the full URL slug with generic hostname.
- Deactivating nested FSE mappings no longer causes a sync loop in rare edge cases.
- Desktop Client Properties “X” button will now properly close the dialog box.
- Previously in some edge cases, folder deletions would not be entered in the event table. This is now fixed.
- Sync down process no longer triggers unnecessary logging of file added events.
- Unlock-specific error message now properly displays through the API.
- Desktop Client overlays no longer cause Windows Explorer to crash in certain conflicting Windows 7 or 8 environments.
- The Company drop-down field now populates as expected when configuring ConnectWise integration settings.
- 500 errors no longer display when Private Cloud administrators point to the Canadian Web Preview servers.
If you have any questions, please contact your eFolder Account Manager or the Anchor Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The eFolder Team
eFolder Systems, LLC
2340 Perimeter Park Dr., Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30341