Matt Dugan May 16 •
Other / Service Advisory
Urgent Anchor Service Advisory
Partners with Anchor agents between versions 220.127.116.111 through 18.104.22.1680 are strongly advised to upgrade to the latest 22.214.171.1243 version to avoid slow performance, unexpected sync collisions, or improper sync behavior under certain conditions.
Only agents on versions 126.96.36.1991 through 188.8.131.520 are affected. Agents on versions prior to 2.5.0 are not affected.
- Affected agents can cause unexpected collisions, stop syncing, or sync improper versions under certain rare race conditions.
- Affected agents can, in certain cases, mishandle agent re-registration.
- Affected agents that are in a resyncing state rebuild their local sync state database; in these builds, this operation is very slow if you have hundreds of thousands of files or dozens of roots on a machine.
Please refer to the Anchor version 184.108.40.2063 release notes for additional information.
Anchor version 2.5.0 introduced a substantially enhanced sync engine that delivers near-instant sync of metadata (file/folder renames, deletes, etc.), and dramatically faster sync performance by concurrently synchronizing many files at the same time. The sync engine also has separate sync queues for small files and large files, ensuring that small files are always up to date, even when very large files are synchronizing. In some cases, this increased level of parallelism in the sync operations caused conditions that led to the symptoms described above.
Anchor version 220.127.116.113 was released on Friday May 13, 2016 and fixes these issues. Please follow these steps:
- If you are a SaaS Anchor user, agents will automatically update to version 18.104.22.1683 in most instances. If you are a private cloud Anchor user, first update your private Anchor server(s) to the new version. Agents will then begin to automatically upgrade to the new build.
- Reference the Checking the Anchor Agent Version Knowledgebase article to help you quickly find and update out-of-date agents.
- If necessary, help end users resolve collisions by referencing the Manually Resolving a File Sync Conflict Knowledgebase article.
If you continue to experience issues or have trouble upgrading agents, please contact eFolder Support (www.efolder.net/help).
The eFolder Team
Matt Dugan September 1, 2015 •
Other / Service Advisory
We are excited to announce that the Anchor Knowledge Base will soon merge with Folder’s Knowledge Base community. Anchor has been a part of the eFolder family of products since September of 2013, so we are looking forward to this move to best serve our partners.
Please note that the Anchor Community, including our Feature Request service, will remain open and active until further notice.
What does this mean for me?
- For the time being, you can find Anchor Knowledge Base articles in the Anchor Community and the eFolder Knowledge Base.
- Soon, the Anchor Knowledge Base will be officially decommissioned; however, you will still have the ability to view redirect links.
- The Anchor Community, including our Feature Request service, will remain open and active until further notice.
Where can I find Anchor-related information in eFolder's Knowledge Base community?
Redirect links have been added within each existing Anchor Knowledge Base article, linking you to the appropriate article in the eFolder Knowledge Base.
Chris Sferlazza April 17, 2013 •
Other / Community Help
eFolder is pleased to announce Anchor v22.214.171.1243, the latest release that includes important updates.
- Agent hydration method performance is overhauled for scalability with large data pools.
- Agent database is now enhanced to prevent collisions and sync operations that were rejected by the Anchor Server.
- Agent memory footprint is now optimized for better resource utilization.
- Agents will now properly reject excluded extensions prior to sending to the Anchor Server.
- Agents will no longer generate erroneous collision files when receiving updates from the Anchor Server.
- Agent registration now properly creates Synced Folder in all instances.
- Agent no longer crashes when stopping the service in a unique edge case.
eFolder is pleased to announce Anchor v126.96.36.1990, the latest release that includes important updates.
- The new hydration method is now indexing to further improve sync performance.
- Certain branding icons no longer throw a 500 error.
- The Use Filesystem Permissions policy is now properly enforced when content is locked by a different Anchor user.
- Agent no longer crashes in specific edge cases.
- Agent service no longer hangs in a syncing process as a result of a deadlock.
- Agent service will now properly update the agent schema.
- Rebranded Synced Folder will now properly appear as a storage location shortcut in Microsoft Office Desktop Applications.
eFolder is pleased to announce Anchor v2.5.0, our latest release of Anchor, which includes new features, improvements, and important fixes.
MAJOR NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Selective Sync options are now configurable via the Desktop Client.
- System email templates can now be customized using HTML and previewed instantly.
- New hydration method enables multiple sync queues with automatic prioritization and simultaneous transfers.
- Additional Event IDs pushed to Windows Event Viewer and OS X Console:
- Service start: 0x200 (512)
- Collision created: 0x300 (768)
- Collision resolved: 0x301 (769)
- Collision failed: 0x302 (770)
- Collision message: 0x303 (771)
- Numerous improvements to APIv2:
- Root creation and management
- Root subscription creation and management
- FSE management
- Guest account information retrieval
MINOR NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- New Org Setting to customize reply-to email address for system-initiated emails.
- Sync process will now transfer the full file if the total size of the deltas in queue exceeds half the size of the full file.
- Desktop Client UI now displays permission errors for mapped folders.
- When receiving data from peers via LAN Sync, end users will now experience faster data transfers.
- OS X clients now preserve config.ini customizations through new release updates.
- Rollback dialog now features a tooltip to educate users on how different time zones can affect the Rollback feature.
- Users will now be alerted of sync conflicts through a system tray icon overlay.
- Windows Desktop Client taskbar application icon for Properties is now properly branded.
- Web Activity Log now properly displays the username of an administrator who deletes content from a Team Share that he or she is not subscribed to.
- Modifying excluded file extensions no longer enables Secure Share policy organization-wide.
- Selecting multiple files and clicking the “Download Zip” button no longer results in a 500 error.
- Two-step organizational policy now properly redirects to web when configuration is required.
- Web cache controls are now active in Edge and Firefox to further protect against expired web sessions.
- Custom branding now properly displays for desktop notifications on OS X.
- Machines Tab now properly consolidates multiple user profiles on OS X El Capitan.
- ConnectWise billing settings are now properly saved after administrator unchecks the “Billing Options” checkbox.
- Anchor branding no longer shows when using the full URL slug with generic hostname.
- Deactivating nested FSE mappings no longer causes a sync loop in rare edge cases.
- Desktop Client Properties “X” button will now properly close the dialog box.
- Previously in some edge cases, folder deletions would not be entered in the event table. This is now fixed.
- Sync down process no longer triggers unnecessary logging of file added events.
- Unlock-specific error message now properly displays through the API.
- Desktop Client overlays no longer cause Windows Explorer to crash in certain conflicting Windows 7 or 8 environments.
- The Company drop-down field now populates as expected when configuring ConnectWise integration settings.
- 500 errors no longer display when Private Cloud administrators point to the Canadian Web Preview servers.
If you have any questions, please contact your eFolder Account Manager or the Anchor Support Team (www.efolder.net/help).
The eFolder Team
eFolder Systems, LLC
2340 Perimeter Park Dr., Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30341